Student ID’s aren’t something that students pay much attention to. Other than getting into games for free and maybe earning a small discount at the campus food court, many students don’t realize what their student status can unlock.
What if you were told that there are thousands of dollars’ worth of deals just waiting to be claimed? It sounds too good to be true, but it’s the reality. Everything from your daily coffee and weekend dinner to your car insurance and even your next trip could be discounted just because you’re a student.
Let’s explore some of the most exciting student discounts that you can take advantage of this year.
With millions of customers around the country, there’s a good chance you’re already relying on Amazon for many of your needs. As a student, you can save over $100 per year on an Amazon Prime membership and unlock a host of advantages including free 2-day shipping, access to hundreds of TV shows and movies, countless audiobooks, and more. Adult learners especially can benefit from this discount by saving money on expensive textbooks or audiobooks required for class. You’ll also have more time to put towards work and school by having groceries, toiletries, and other necessities shipped in a timely manner.
Office tools have been a staple for students and professionals for decades. If you aren’t already given access to these iconic programs through your school, your student status can help you gain access to the package known as Office 365 education. With this major discount, you’ll have free access to a host of Microsoft programs including Excel, OneNote, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Teams. This is great for adult learners who can also take advantage of these programs for work-related purposes.
Apple products are highly sought after in the academic world. In fact, one study found that 71% of college students own and/or prefer Mac over Windows products. Fortunately for you, Apple offers many discounts for students. You can land deals on MacBooks, iMacs, and iPads just by being enrolled in college. To really maximize the savings, Apple even offers student discounts on refurbished items. With these deals, it’s cheaper to get your hands on gear that will make it easier to manage, organize, and access course material. This is especially important for returning students whose coursework is entirely online.
When dealing with the cost of college tuition, students are eager to find any discounts on their monthly bills. In addition to offering the best cellphone coverage in Mississippi, AT&T also offers sizeable student discounts to make it easier for students to stay connected and informed with the internet services. To take advantage of these deals, you can bring your student ID to an official AT&T store or register with your student email address online.
Greyhound Bus Lines
Visiting friends or family across state or even in other parts of the country? You might want to consider going by bus. Greyhound Bus Lines offers an impressive student discount of 10% for every ticket and 15% off for shipping. With over a dozen bus stops throughout the state and more than 2,700 destinations, it’s really a no-brainer for adult students who need to take any sort of trip throughout the year.
Student discounts unique to Mississippi
- Cups An Espresso Cafe - All adult learners studying, working, or living near Jackson can get a sizeable student discount on their daily Mississippi roasted coffee at this homey cafe. All three locations throughout the city are great places to study and work too!
- Mississippi Museum of Art - Whether you’re majoring in the field or just have a passion for art, the MMA in Jackson offers steeply discounted tickets for students year-round. You can even get in for free on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Da Shak Grill - Students near Byram and Terry can get their fix of southern-style comfort food with a great student discount at Da Shak Grill. On Thursdays, students can get 10% off their meals.
Find any discount you’re looking for
Whether you’re looking for a discount on food, trips, books, memberships, news subscriptions, or even healthcare, here’s a laundry list of available student discounts that you can’t afford to pass up. Another pro tip for finding as many deals as you can is joining member-only discount sites. Many companies team up with special sites that collect and advertise student discounts to members. Student Beans and UNiDAYS are two of the most popular examples. Signing up for these sites can give you direct access to insider student discounts that wouldn’t otherwise be available - even for students.
Making the most of your student discounts
- Do your research - Hop online and see what kind of discounts exist for you on and off your college campus. You might already be missing out on savings from your favorite restaurant or clothing brand that offers student deals.
- Ask around - Don’t be afraid to ask about potential student discounts when you’re out and about. Not all businesses publicly advertise these deals, so you might have to mention you’re a student to lock in those savings.
- Carry your student ID - It’s always a good idea to keep your student ID in your wallet or purse so it’s with you at all times. You never know when an opportunity to save money with a student discount is going to arise.
- Maintain your student status - Depending on the college you’re attending, the requirements for enrolling as a student might differ. Be sure to understand your school’s policies so you can hold onto your student status as long as possible to make the most of those discounts.
Returning to college is the ticket
The C2C Program is specifically designed with one purpose in mind - to help Mississippi adults accomplish their goal of returning to college. These helpful student discounts are just one of the many advantages you’ll have when returning to complete your degree. With a dedicated C2C Coach by your side every step of the way, you’ll receive all of the support and guidance you need. To help offset the cost of your tuition, the C2C Program is also proud to offer the C2C Grant to eligible candidates. This grant provides $1,000 each qualifying semester to cover educational expenses and is available only for eligible C2C returning adult students.
Speak with a C2C Coach today to see how close you are to earning your degree already!